April 3, 2014

Capstone Project - Pt. 5 (Fiction Book/Movie) (1 of 2)

This part of the Capstone was definitely one of my favorites, unfortunately, it's one of the last pieces to this astounding puzzle. For it, we got to choose between reading a contemporary fiction novel, or viewing a fictional movie of our choice. I've decided to do both. However, each part will be done through a different medium. For my book, I made a prezi to show how it connected to my research. Thanks to the awesomeness of the internet and technology, I can embed it here with no problem so that everyone can view it...



Annotation:
Roux, Madeleine. Asylum. New York City, New York: Harper Collins Publishers, 2013. Print.
Staying in a crumbling mental hospital that is currently being renovated probably isn't anyone's idea of a good time, but for Daniel Crawford, a high school student involved in a college prep program, he's forced to stay in the archaic Brookline Asylum on the campus of the participating university because those are the only dorms available. With his two friends, Abby and Jordan, Dan has to confront the dark past hidden within the former psychiatric hospital that refuses to be buried in order to understand his own.As with any fiction book, it has an artistic license with a few things, but all in all it is unbias in how it presents the info within.The fiction book fits well with my topic, and I surprised that I learned so much that I didn’t know before.